Thursday, January 10, 2008

Geek Love: See You Next Wednesday

American Werewolf In London: See You Next WednesdayWhenever there's a holiday or vacation where I can use it I throw out the line, "See you next Wednesday," and chortle silently to myself. I'm a geek and I know it.

I was bouncing off my theater seat a few weeks ago when I caught the preview for HELLBOY II: THE GOLDEN ARMY and saw the nod to John Landis's trademark. Rather than rehash, check out this nice writeup about the phrase, its origin, and its use in Landis's films as well as other places.

Here's a still where you can see it pretty clearly on a marquee on the left side of the frame.

Hellboy 2: See You Next Wednesday

Here's the full preview - quite a few clips take place in front of the marquee.

No comments:

Post a Comment